Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bob Kerrey Writes About Obama and McCain

Read it here. Kerrey was awarded the Medal of Honor for his Vietnam service.

During my not so glorious military career I received numerous medals for just showing up.

I support and will do what I can to help Sen. Barack Obama become our next President. Among other reasons, I believe he has a unique capacity to get world leaders to collaborate with the United States to fight the war on terror, negotiate good trade agreements and get the world on the track of sustainable economic growth.

Still, there is a lot to admire about Sen. John McCain. I agree with many of his ideas, regard him as one of the few political leaders who is willing to take a stand on unpopular issues when the cause demands it, and believe he, too, would make a very good President.

No comments: